The Digital Library : 2010 LAB Meeting
ACM organized the first meeting of its Library Advisory Board for 2010.
In an effort to learn more about issues impacting the global institutional library community, ACM held the first in a series of several meetings with prominent librarians from around the world. The goal of this first meeting was to seek advice on a range of economic, strategic, and technical issues related to institutional libraries and the ACM Digital Library.
The following is a list of librarians from the Americas that participated in the first meeting, which was held at ACM Headquarters in New York City on March 25-26, 2010:
- Diane Geraci - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Carol Hutchins - New York University
- Diane Cass - University of Rochester
- Mandy Havert - University of Notre Dame
- PJ Purchase - University of Phoenix
- Peter Hirtle - Cornell University
- Victoria Reich - Stanford University / LOCKSS
- Xan Arch - Stanford University
- Sharon Dyas-Correia - University of Toronto
- Nancy Gibbs - Duke University
- Willow Dressel - Princeton University
- Allan Bell - University of Waterloo
- Ana Lucía Macías Chiu - Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
- Ed Wickersham - IBM Corporation
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books and courses from Skillsoft, TechTalks on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.
ACM Case Studies
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.