The Digital Library : DL Pricing (Academic)
All Digital Library orders with subscription start date of January 1, 2020 or after will receive 2020 pricing.
2020 Academic List Pricing is valid for all institutions ordering directly through ACM.
Volume-based discounts are available for institutions ordering directly through academic library consortium. Please see below for more details.
Academic consortium pricing is based on several factors, including:
- Annual list prices for institutions ordering directly through ACM
- Number of participating members in the consortium
- Carnegie classifications and usage for the largest US-based academic institutions. Click here for the ACM-Carnegie Classification Conversion
- Usage for all International-based academic institutions
- Discounts available for multi-year licenses
- Economic discounts based on The World Bank List of Economies
Annual licenses to the ACM Digital Library include access to all contents of the ACM Digital Library and Guide to Computing Literature Index.
The ACM DL Full-Text Database consists of:
- 61 Total Journals, of which 52 are ACM owned and published titles and an additional 9 are published by affiliated organizations and hosted by ACM in the DL by special arrangement
- 7 Niche Technology Magazines containing peer reviewed articles, practitioner-oriented articles, commentary, news, blog entries, and multimedia content (including ACM's flagship magazine the Communications of the ACM)
- 37 Special Interest Group Newsletters
- 275+ New Conference Proceedings Volumes per year with a total of over 2,500 Proceedings Volumes in the ACM DL archive
- Over 2,869,000 records in the Guide to Computing Literature Index. For each record, a complete citation page exists with links to the full-text of that record hosted by third parties. For the 568,750+ records contained in the ACM DL published by ACM, the full-text is immediately available on the DL platform and included in the annual license.
2019-2020 Academic List Pricing
|Tiers||2019 New Subscriber List Prices (US$)||% Increase From 2019 Prices for Existing Subscribers||2020 New Subscriber List Prices (US$)|
|2 Year Colleges||$2,000||0%||$2,000|
Discounts are based on ACM consortium discount policy, but typically range between 40%-50%.
As academic libraries feel increasing pressure to justify their expenditures on periodicals and scholarly databases, it is becoming progressively important for publishers to evaluate the benefit their users are getting out of these resources, and to make adjustments when necessary. In the case of the ACM Digital Library, our pricing continues to be among the lowest of all scholarly publishers, regardless of which metric is used for evaluation, however in some instances that pricing needs to be more consistent with market pricing to enable ACM to continue investing in the publications themselves.
While the importance of the usage is becoming an increasingly important metric for determining the value of the ACM Digital Library at an institutional level, we continue to believe strongly that usage is not the only metric which should be used to determine value. Simply having access to the number of high quality publications that exist in the ACM Digital Library and Guide to Computing Literature Index has an inherent value on its own that we believe far exceeds the cost charged to all subscribing institutions.
Updated September 9, 2019