The Digital Library : 2011 LAB Meeting
ACM organized the second meeting of its Library Advisory Board for 2011.
Members of ACM's Library Advisory Board from Europe and Asia recently met in Harrogate, UK for the 2011 ACM International Library Advisory Board meeting.
The goal of the meeting was to establish a forum to discuss issues impacting the international library community in general and to provide ACM with guidance and feedback on a wide range of topics, including open access, pricing, publications, platform features & functionality, and licensing.
The meeting was tremendously successful and continued the longstanding tradition of close communication and cooperation between the library community and ACM.
The following is a list of librarians from the Asia and Europe participated in the International Library Advisory meeting, which was held at Old Swan Hotel in Harrogate UK on April 3rd, 2011:
- Ms. Christine Hasemann - Technische Informationsbibliothek und Universitaetsbibliothek Hannover, Germany
- Ms. Catherine Kwok - Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong
- Dr. Daulat Jotwani - Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Dr. V.D. Shrivastava - Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- Ms Irina Razumova - NEICON, Russia
- Dr. J.K. Vijayakumar - King Abdullah University of Science & Technology, Saudi Arabia
- Mrs. Lee Cheng Ean - National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Mr. George Meerburg - University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Ms Zofia Brinkman Dzwig - TU Delft Library, The Netherlands
- Ms. Burcu Keten - Middle East Technical University Library, Turkey
- Mr. Dominic Benson - Brunel University, United Kingdom
- Ms. Sally Rumsey - Oxford University Library, United Kingdom
Written by leading domain experts for software engineers, ACM Case Studies provide an in-depth look at how software teams overcome specific challenges by implementing new technologies, adopting new practices, or a combination of both. Often through first-hand accounts, these pieces explore what the challenges were, the tools and techniques that were used to combat them, and the solution that was achieved.
ACM offers lifelong learning resources including online books and courses from Skillsoft, TechTalks on the hottest topics in computing and IT, and more.